Friday 8 February 2008

Eagle Wednesday

Monday may have been a bit of a bad day, but blimey Wednesday was just blistering, it was a long slog up the hill because I took all my kit, 600mm f4 Is and 300mm f2.8 and 3 bodies made for a heavy bag, flask of coffee and sarnies too added even more weight.
The day started off a bit bad as I really do want Hercules through the valley, two came down from Bala and turned in through Cad, I excitedly checked the camera settings and waited but they must have gone straight down over Tal-y-Llyn, I was gutted as I just cannot get a Herc in low level!
I chatted to several others including Meirion, Gareth, Jess, Lozza and Colin, all internet names without faces until this week, we all watched the skies and waited; then the Eagle action started and the assembled gang forgot about feeling cold.
What a fantastic day it was, the F15Es gave us some stunning camera passes, there was a couple of RAF Valley Hawks whizzed through, and the 'icing on what was already a very tasty cake' majestically cruised up the valley, red, white and blue in afternoon sunlight, the Empire test pilots school Andover.
















No comments: