Monday 10 August 2009

French visitors in the valleys

The weather looked promissing and there were Dassault Dornier Alpha Jets from the Armée de l'Air (French air force) at RAF Valley, so all the signs were that the Mach loop in Wales was the place to be!
A good mix of aircraft over 3 days, F15E, Harriers, GR4s, lots of Hawks, a Typhoon that annoyingly shot of up Bwlch-Y-Groes, another valley, but the stars of the show were the French; 17 snappy fast passes on Friday while I was at the low shelf on Bwlch Oerdrwwys, they were still below my vantage point!!!
A great time with lots of good mates on the hills, pretty good weather and I came home with some of my best ever Low-level shots, can't want for more really.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Nigel

I'm one of the french alphajet pilots with Rage, just back in France yesterday and having a look at your shots on the lowfly.net, I found some amazing pictures!! congratulations ! I wonder if you would like to send me some of your best shots with quite good resolutions because we're thinking of having a poster in the bar of the squadron to celebrate that amazing week abroad.
Let me know if it's possible ?
Thank you
Best regards

tntnico@ifrance.com