Sunday 11 May 2008

Tebay Tucano

I went to photograph the "trip" of Dotterel at the top of Pendle Hill in Lancashire, that was easy, a brisk walk up, nearly tripped (hence the group name maybe?) over the birds and blew away 8 gig in no time, Tebay seemed like a good place to go for some Low-fly action as I was near the area.
The hill by the aerial is a site that overlooks the M6 and I have seen some great images of front-liners taken here, but my near 7 hours in bright sun and howling wind was just unbelievable... one Hawk, missed that as I had nodded-off with shear boredom, and then a Tucano a few hours later; fortunately this was a good deal slower and I had time to wake up and brew a cup of tea between it's first showing and when it passed by, another day that had me questioning my sanity!



No comments: